Granny Stringer’s Cottage is a beautifully restored 1870’s historic sod cottage. Imagine the charm of days gone by while appreciating the best of modern convenience. This cottage is an absolute delight!
Set in a beautiful landscape on the east side of Roxburgh, peace and serenity exist with views out to the magnificent Mount Benger range.
We will provide a continental breakfast for guests at no extra charge; cereal, fruit, milk, bread for toast, butter and spreads, tea, and coffee.
Why Stay at Granny Stringer’s Cottage
If you love cottage charm and peaceful surroundings, this is the place to be. You will have the whole cottage to yourself, including a sitting room, bedroom, modern, well-appointed bathroom, kitchenette for your tea coffee making requirements. Under the verandah at the front is a fantastic place for relaxing, reading, a glass of wine, just sit and look out at the beautiful scenery.
Can I Cook at Granny Stringer’s Cottage?
Close to the cottage, an outdoor kitchen is available for use. The kitchen has everything you need to create your own culinary delights. A bar-b-que is available for your use and outdoor furniture for your convenience.
How Do I Access Granny Stringer’s Cottage?
A separate driveway from the main road allows you the convenience of coming and going as you please.
Other Things to Note about Granny Stringer’s Cottage
- The property is situated very close to the Clutha Gold cycle trail.
- Roxburgh township is a two-minute drive or a ten-minute bike ride.
- An abundance of orchards nearby offering an opportunity to pick your own selection of Central Otago’s finest.
- Queenstown is a one-and-a-half-hour drive away.
- Dunedin Airport one and a half-hour drive away.
- Wanaka is a one-and-a-half-hour drive away.
- Invercargill is a one-and-a-half-hour drive away.
- Beautifully situated in the middle of everywhere!
[mvc_advanced_button btn_text=”BOOK NOW” btn_size=”25″ btn_url=”url:https%3A%2F%2Froxburghcottages.nz%2Fgrannystringerscottage%2F|target:_blank” caption_url=”” btn_clr=”#ffffff” btn_bg=”#ff8204″ btn_hvrclr=”#ff8204″ btn_hvrbg=”#ffffff” caption_urls=”” caption_urlss=””]